About Me

My photo
Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Growing up as a child, my sister joined the airforce and started a career as a photographer.I was always fascinated with her cameras, and when ever I got the chance had it in hand. Inevitability growing up around aircraft, whether it being on operational bases, or at airshows, or just visiting museums, with my father being a airforce veteran, and my sister a photographer, the bug bit me! I invested in my first SLR camera, that being a Canon EOS 450D, later on in 2011 I upgraded to a Canon EOS 7D. I continue to challenge myself and grow my skill. Should you like to make use of my services, or just want to make contact, feel free: wackomedic911@hotmail.com +27823320143

Wednesday 5 September 2012

Bethlehem Airshow 2012

It started off a couple of weeks ago, while talking to a bunch of friends and fellow photographers....why not go to the Bethlehem airshow in the freestate?
And so, accommodation booked, car packed and on a nice spring morning we set off to the free state, I had no idea what to expect!

Upon arriving in Bethlehem it was a larger little town then I thought it would be.We went straight to the airfield and the weekend kicked off...
Not many validations happened early on the friday morning, and a afternoon airshow was a nice change on the friday.

Saturday morning we got up early, I was thinking like a typical gautenger, and wanted to be trough the gates first, I mean airshows are always crowded busy affairs right?...WRONG!I got to the gate at 6am, and was really first in line, and was told to wait because the gates open at 7am!

Come 7am, I WAS STILL FIRST IN LINE to my amazement, we got in, and as the morning dragged on we could see it was going to be a windy affair, with wind in excess of 30 knots most of the day, it was a challenge, but a amazing, beautiful, safe and surprisingly GREAT airshow.

Doing Bethlehem again next year thats for sure!

PS....these photos are low resolution copies of the originals, should you want any, feel free to contact me.

































































2 comments:

  1. Mooi pics! Almal van hulle. Goed gedoen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesomeness Ryno !!! Very well done :-)
    Annelie

    ReplyDelete